CKC November Layouts


I mentioned in my reveal post that I intentionally made a smaller kit this month because I knew I wouldn't have much time to work with it, and I hoped to get one or two pages made. Well I'm happy to report that I actually completed three pages with this kit and I have two to share with you today. (You can see my first page - for the Yum! challenge - here.)

The topic for my first page is about how mums always remind me of my mother:



To be honest, I'm not really thrilled with this page.  While I do like the story and I'm happy to have told it, I'm just kind of "meh" about the page itself.  I don't like the frame at the top and I'm not crazy about those blue letters either.  I suppose it's not possible to "love" every page so I'm just going to add it to an album and move on.


The second page was the result of great timing between a product and a prompt.  I'd included a tree patterned paper in my kit and I was thinking about fussy-cutting the shapes but wasn't sure what kind of page to make with them.  I happened to check the Whimsical Musings blog just as a challenge to "be inspired by leaves" was posted.  I remembered how our family used to focus on gratitude for the month of November when our girls were young.  I found a photo and created this page:



I arranged the trees in a little border at the top and bottom of the page and then ran two rows of stitching over them to dress them up a bit.  All that was left was to add my matted photo and write my journaling.  A quick and easy page - perfect for this time of year.




And with that, I've retired my November kit.  I have two other autumn projects in the works: my gratitude journal and an autumn-themed travelers notebook.  I will try to share some bits of those before turning my attention to December Daily - I have a few more thoughts about that project too. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments :

  1. I love how you have used top and bottom borders on both of these. Just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the second page on facebook and really like those borders. The first page is lovely and I like the blue frame at the top and the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know how much I love that border of stitched trees for your leaf layout! It's still a fabulous page! Great to get more out of even a small kit than you expected to

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs