Guest Storyteller for Ali Edwards "Up" Story Kit and Story Stamp



(If you're looking for my November CKC kit reveal post, please go here.)

As one of the Guest Storytellers for the "Up" Story Kit and Stamp this month, I have two layouts in the subscriber classroom. Although I can't share those here, I made four other pages using the kit that I'd like to present here today.

This first page was sparked by the "up early" phrase in the stamp set. I am definitely an early bird but until now I hadn't recorded that in my scrapbooks.

  
I pulled three of the yellow journal cards and three of the silver messy circles and combined them with a sunrise photo I took on a vacation earlier this spring.  



My journaling is a mix of my handwriting and that "up early" stamp. I also placed a chipboard embellishment to the right of the photo and then outlined the page in black just to finish off the page.

I used more of those silver messy circles on my next page which is about four things that always pick up my mood:




I numbered the photos with chipboard triangles from the kit, then scattered my photos and those messy circles around the page.  The title is a combination of a stamp from the kit ("up") and some letter stickers left from previous story kits.  



I added some torn silver washi at the top and bottom of the page, and added some silver star washi to the bottom as well.


Next up is a photo-less page that was prompted by the "lift me up love" messy circle included in the kit.  It got me thinking about some of the things that really fill my heart, the things that make my heart happy.  I dipped back into some of my other kit leftovers on this page too: the silver stars, the silver journaling cards and the "this makes my heart so happy" stamp.


I fussy-cut the butterflies from one of the "up" journaling cards before adding it above the messy circle that inspired the page.  I then trimmed 1/4" off the edges of the cardstock, roughed up the edges and matted the whole page on another sheet of white cardstock.


My final page features a technique I learned in Ali's Hybrid class - adding a digital product (the heart-shaped "you lift my heart up" digital stamp) to a photo on my phone using a mobile app (LetterGlow).  The rest of the items on the page came from previous kits; actually seven previous kits.


I tried another new technique on this page - I used a silkscreen and gold acrylic paint to make the lines for my journaling and the tiny gold circles I scattered around the page.  I'd gotten those items in an earlier kit and hadn't tried them yet.


I liked working with the silkscreens so much that I ended up ordering a few more.  They are very easy to use and I loved how they add something a little different to my page.


As you can see, it's very easy to mix and match supplies from multiple kits.  I store my past kits, sorted by embellishment type, in a storage piece that I picked up at IKEA.  When I'm putting together a page, I'll just grab the container and I have plenty of embellishment and stamp choices.

The kits also come with a 4x6 card that has room to record story ideas for that month's theme.  I sometimes run out of time to work with a kit before I run out of inspiration, so I've been jotting down story ideas on the cards and then filing them in a little basket so they're readily accessible when I have time to scrapbook.  If they happen to be handy, I'll also add the appropriate photos along with the cards.  I like having everything organized in one spot.


Thanks for stopping by - hope you have a lovely day!

3 comments :

  1. It's obvious how much you enjoyed making these pages. It just shines right out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your organization basket is awesome! Going to get mine started....so many stories, so little time to get them documented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still so thrilled for you that you were asked to Guest over there. These four layouts are simply beautiful. I've pored over every one in this blog post and am in awe of your artistic and creative qualities! Just so so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs