December Daily - Christmas in the City


Earlier this month I took a day trip to New York City and of course I wanted to include it in my December Daily.  I took quite a few photos that day - there are so many Christmas-y decorations and sights to see there at this time of year - and I wasn't sure at first how I would include all of my favorites.

I decided to use the pocket folder included in the main kit because it would provide a good home for the pieces of ephemera I had from that day.  I also knew that I would use a full 6x8 photo on the opposite page and I hoped to contain everything in those two pages since my album was already starting to get a little full.


The left side came together quickly - I just added a phrase sticker on the side, punched holes and it was done.  I made a mini-book to hold the rest of my photos and journaling using the patterned paper included in the kit.  I cut the paper down to 4x6, made photo collages of the same size and slipped those into a page protector that had two 4x6 horizontal pockets.  I cut the two pockets apart and turned them vertically to use in my mini-book.  After I wrote my journaling, I stitched the book together and then covered the stitching with washi tape.  Here are some closer looks at the mini-book:






The mini-book is thin enough that it doesn't take up too much room in my album, but thick enough to hold lots of memories in photos and words.






 

1 comment :

  1. Beautifully put together. It really is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs