December Daily - Co-Angels


Confession time: I don't number the pages in my December Daily, and I don't limit the stories to things that happened in December.  I think of my project as a reflection of the entire Christmas season and so if something seasonal happened in November, I have no problem adding it into my album.  Today's page fits that category.


I didn't take a photo of the hidden journaling but the story is about a connection to the past.  My husband's extended family would decorate a Christmas tree at his grandparents' home each year and there was an ongoing ritual in which family members would rearrange the ornaments when they visited to make sure that theirs were prominently displayed in the front.  This year, one of our daughters put up one of our trees just before Thanksgiving and she placed the angel that looks like her at the top.  When our other daughter came home for the holiday and noticed this, she dug out her angel and placed it as close to the top as possible.  I laughed when I saw this and immediately remembered that old family ritual.

For my page, I added several strips of washi as a base for my photo and kept the embellishments simple.  The green silicon trees are from Felicity Jane.   The red and white pieces are free printables from Feed Your Craft's latest newsletter.   (If you want to get the latest scoop, sneak peeks and some awesome goodies, go here and sign up!)  I cut one printable into a banner, punched a circle out of another and trimmed one down to fit the top of my page.


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments :

  1. Amen to that! I have decided that I'm going to have more November stories to include because my husband will be back at work soon and we on't be going on so many little outings. And I'm fine with that. This is a beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet page, Susan. And I agree with including whatever related items you want in your holiday album.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs