December Daily - Elvis, the Grinch, Derek Jeter and a Llama


Sometimes my December Daily stories just seem to pop up out of nowhere and that's the case with my pages today.  I was looking at the tree in our playroom (which hasn't been a true playroom in many years but is still referred to by that name - and that's a story for another day) and noticed that it has quite the collection of ornaments on its branches.  Yet each of those ornaments, whether whimsical, sentimental or just plain odd, has a memory behind it.  And there's the story of the day.

I took photos of some of the ornaments and edited them with the Krop Circle app, which enabled me to highlight the subject in a circle.  I resized the photos using the Print to Size app and printed them on my Canon Selphy.  I added them to the page protector with 2x2 pockets, using both the front and back of the page.   I filled the extra pockets with vellum gold star circles, one of the gold messy circles from Ali's main kit, and another circle embellishment I made using an Ali silkscreen and gold acrylic paint from an older story kit.  Here's a look at the front...


and the back...


I had a lot to say about those ornaments and their memories, filling most of a 6X8 with my journaling. 


I added a black and white branding strip and a thin strip of gold-striped vellum to the bottom edge.  I stamped a sentiment to fill the space between the journaling and the bottom of the page and then scattered some gold stars around the page.



Here's how the full spread looks:

3 comments :

  1. That's a really lovely way to edit and print pictures of ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the circles! And your handwriting should be a font! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this and how you highlighted the ornaments- what a great idea

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs