December Daily - Fa la la

 

This spread is another instance of documenting a November event in my December Daily.  I have a tradition of attending a craft show on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and since this is a holiday-themed event, I definitely want to include it in my project.

The story unfolds on a double page spread.  The left page holds four photos: three from the event and one of my purchases at the show.  I've been using a lot of dark wood grain paper in my album and I really like the way it highlights my photos:


For embellishment, I just added some gold polka dot washi that I picked up last month in the Target dollar spot.  Since the washi was wide, I tore the edges and I like the look of the uneven border.

I used the "jingle all the way" patterned paper from Ali's main kit for the right side of the spread.  It's whimsical and fun and I like the way the bright red color looks in combination with the wood grain on the companion page.  It was a bit bold too but the postcard from the event covers a good portion of the pattern and I also added a piece torn from a glassine envelope to mute the pattern a little more.

 
I added my journaling on one of the 2x3 cards from the main kit, and combined it with a gold-edged label (also from Target) and a "falala" silicon charm from Felicity Jane.  I then stitched a black thread border at the top of the page and another one along the bottom.  That gave me the perfect spot to "string" those cute little bulbs (from that same Felicity Jane silicon charm pack).

Here's a look at the completed spread (I also like that pop of yellow from the postcard);


I really LOVE that little string of bulbs embellishment - I think it's my favorite in my album so far!

2 comments :

  1. I'm enjoying your pages so much! After seeing the stitching on this page I wondered if you have ever posted any photos of your craft room. I'm always looking for inspiration to organize my room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb - I haven't posted photos of my craft room because I don't have one! I do most of my scrapbooking at our dining room table. I also have my sewing machine set up in one of my daughters' rooms - she hasn't completely moved out yet but I'm hoping eventually to take over that room so that I don't have to keep cleaning everything up when we want to use the dining room for entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs