December Daily - The Last Pages



Christmas has come and gone and, since I only document through Christmas Day in my December Daily, I've reached the end of my album for this year.

Because of where I'd left off in my album and how I was planning to make my spread for Christmas Eve, I needed to fill a full 6x8 page for the right side of the album.  I had downloaded a fun and free printable from Diane (dearlydee) from her blog here.  I printed it on a laser printer and then ran it through a laminator several times with gold foil.


I added some red and white snowflake washi at the top and bottom to make the page coordinate with the one opposite it in my album.

For Christmas Eve, I added a photo of  my daughters with their grandparents onto one of my pre-made foundation pages.  For the opposite page, I added a collage of four photos from that night and wrote my journaling on a 3x4 card.  Here's how the two pages look together:


The reverse side documents Christmas Day and is the final page in the album.  I just added a photo of the four of us to one of the pocket cards.


I then used one of the main kit's 4x6 cards to make a pocket on the inside cover of the album.  I attached the card with dimensional adhesive and used a circle punch to make the cut-out at the top.


I printed several photos that I thought really captured the essence of the day, wrote a bullet list of our Christmas Day highlights on one of the 3x4 cards, and slipped everything into the pocket. 


Here's a little peek at the contents of the pocket:


And it's done!  I've never used a binder and pocket pages for my December Daily before.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  I think the pockets encouraged me to tell fuller stories and in some cases include several more photos to accompany those stories.



I like the added dimension of the tabs and ribbons sticking out of the pages and from the items I adhered to the front and back covers -


My album is definitely full but not stuffed -

 
Earlier in the month, I'd completed a spread intended to remind me to look for the magical moments of the season.  During the month I was definitely more aware of those special moments and I added photos and journaling to the envelope that was included in the spread.  I took notes and photos as I was inspired and then added them in a couple batches as I had time.  (As a side note: our December seemed to be a very gray month and that, coupled with limited daylight hours, made photographing my pages a little difficult as you can see by some of my photos.)

 
I added a few "filler" pages to the album along the way.  I enjoyed making something that was fun and creative without the pressure of fitting in a story or photos.  I like the break that these filler pages provide between the stories and photos.





As much as I love this project, I'm happy to have it completed and I'm ready to focus on documenting other stories now.  I'm looking forward to working with non-holiday colors too!  How about you - what are you excited about documenting next?

4 comments :

  1. Very harmonious, what a beautiful big album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Wonderful album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All kinds of beautiful memories and photos here -- well done! I'm looking forward to working with some blank travel journals and lots of list-making in 2017. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your album is lovely! I really like how you made the pocket on the back of the album. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs