December Daily - A Letter, a Recap and a Confession


Every year I write a letter to myself and include it in my December Daily.  I usually write a little about the year that is almost over along with some thoughts about the upcoming year.  I made a pocket to hold this year's version - the front is one of the foundation pages.


To make the pocket, I used the cover of the December issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine - I thought the bottle brush trees on the cover were so festive and pretty.  I trimmed the cover to match the front, cut a small notch out of the top using a circle punch and then adhered the front to the back on both sides and the bottom.



There were a few pieces of text that I wanted to cover so I used a circle punched from a Starbucks cup and a silicone charm from Felicity Jane at the top, and a couple of holiday phrase stickers from Tim Holtz at the bottom right.

 
On the opposite page I provided a snapshot of a particular December day.


The front holds my journaling - sentences about what I was doing and seeing and thinking that day.  I placed a decorative 3x4 card and an acrylic snowflake from Elle's Studio in the two top pockets. 


I added three small supporting photos to the reverse of the page.


My final page today is titled "Christmas Confessions".


I've divulged a few of my holiday secrets for all posterity. 


I'm probably one of a handful of people who doesn't like the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" - please don't hold it against me!


2 comments :

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs