December Daily - My Introduction


Yay - December is here!  And it's time for one of my favorite memory keeping projects, December Daily.

I've been looking forward to the holiday season since October but at the same time I just haven't felt inspired to get all the decorations out, do the Christmas shopping and take care of all those extra "to do" items that show up on my list at this time of year.  I want to celebrate the season without all the craziness it sometimes brings.

And so I decided to do an introductory page for this year's album.  In previous years, I've usually just jumped right in with a story but I'm starting off this year's version with a gentle reminder to myself to slow down.


I selected one of my full 6"x8" foundation pages and pulled some gold stars left over from Ali's main kit, along with some white cardstock, a black and red plaid patterned paper from the Paislee Press mini kit, and an older Ali stamp set from Technique Tuesday.


Using the timer on my camera, I snapped a quick photo of myself writing the introduction.  I converted it to black and white, reduced the size and printed it out on my Canon Selphy.  (The ability to print my photos at home is a key to the success of this project!)  I added two stamped images - the "this is December" stamp actually inspired my journaling - popped my photo on some thin foam and put the page together.


I'm mulling over another idea for helping me to "be present" this Christmas season and I think I've figured out how to incorporate it into my album.  I'll be back soon to share - thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments :

  1. I love your idea to be present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more of this in December. It's all a bit hectic over here so I need to slow down a bit and take it all in. It's going to be an alternative December too so maybe that makes it all the more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs