December Daily - Snow


Ah, snow...I've lived in New England all my life and I love snow.  Well, to be completely honest, I love snow around Christmas time.  Once mid-January arrives, I'm done with it and ready to move on to spring.  But at this time of year our relationship is still in the giddy honeymoon phase and so I'm wishing for a white Christmas.

One of the things I love most about snow is when it falls overnight.  I love going to sleep knowing that when I wake, there will be a fresh blanket of white covering the ground.  There's just a certain special feel to the air and it makes me happy to know that we are safe and cozy inside.  I found a great quote on Pinterest that expresses how I feel and I wanted to include it in my December Daily.  Here's my two page spread:

 
The beautiful scripted "snow" is a digital file that was lettered by an Instagram friend, Rosie.  Isn't it lovely?  Rosie has an etsy shop and you can also see more of her wonderful work on her Instagram account here.  I added her script word and the quote to my photo of our street during a snowstorm last winter.

 

The opposite page includes pieces from the Paislee Press mini-kit, a vellum snowflake tag from the Target dollar spot, another photo of snowflakes on a window sill embellished with a couple of phrase stickers from a Tim Holtz set.  I added my journaling on paper strips and then accented the entire black & white spread with three gold stars.


Now if we would just get that little bit of snow...

2 comments :

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs