December Daily - Those Starbucks Cups


'Tis the season for peppermint mochas in those iconic red Starbucks cups!  Since I have indulged in a few of those seasonal drinks (and so have some of my family members), I wanted to include them in some way in my December Daily.  I've already done a past December Daily page about the peppermint mocha, so I thought it would be fun to try and incorporate part of the actual cup this year.

I saved a few of the cups in different designs and decided to use a circle punch to make a little banner with them.  (Note: the punch I used is from Fiskars and is designed for use on thicker materials.)  After punching the circles, I lightly adhered them to a 4x6 piece of dark wood grain patterned paper and then stitched them in place.  I ended up making two versions of the banner - one is made from an assortment of cup designs and the other uses just one design.  

I paired one banner with a photo of the wallpaper I'm using on my phone this season - the photo went right on one of my foundation cards and I just added two pieces of a black and white striped branding strip to fill out the card a bit more.  To finish off the banner card, I stamped a sentiment from the Ali Edwards December Daily Christmas Star Stamp Set.   


I used the second banner on an entry about my memories of our Christmas card displays when I was growing up.  I'd seen a cute clothespin set in Target recently and took a photo of it when it sparked that memory.  I added the photo and my journaling to the foundation card, and then placed a few phrase stickers under the banner on the wood grain card.


I slipped the entries back-to-back into page protectors.  Here's how they look in my album:



I like the bright red color of the banners and the whimsical touch they add to my album - definitely a bit of holiday cheer.



 

7 comments :

  1. Great way to incorporate those cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't any Starbucks close to me so I am always curious to see how people document the red cups... something that probably won't ever be in my album. Love your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clearly need to get to Sbucks and start drinking more coffee! Cute pages as always. I haven't yet decided if I'm actually going to do something for December or not. I get the Shimelle prompts but I'm undecided and haven't even taken a photo today. Maybe your beautiful album will get me going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your lovely blog via your Scrap Gals Facebook post. Your December Daily posts are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The banner is a truly lovely and clever idea. I can see it working with till receipts from a shopping trip too, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I always document the Starbucks red cup in my Journal Your Christmas album, and I really love how you incorporated those designs into your December Daily. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs