December Daily - Using Ephemera


Today I'm sharing an entry that documents a shopping trip I took with my mom last week.   It fills both sides of one pocket page and includes some packaging from one of the bags that held some of my purchases.

Here's a look at the front:


and the back:


The pine needles/pine cone patterned paper is cut from a bag from Stonewall Kitchen, one of our stops that day.  There was a basket of "Happy Holidays" tags by the register in the store so I grabbed one as I checked out, thinking that I would find some way to use it.  It fit quite nicely in the pocket - I added two small photos and stapled on a scrap of black and white striped ribbon.


I covered the reverse side with the paper from the bag and added the "Happy Holidays" sentiment which I punched from the bag too.


I added two more pieces of the black and white ribbon to the spread to keep the color scheme consistent.  Here's how all the pieces look in their pockets:



So keep your eyes open when you're out shopping - you never know what you might find to include in your December Daily!


1 comment :

  1. I love your entire December Daily.... but really loving this pinecone / bag / that you cut up and used as a background... beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs