December Day - Reminders of the Past


From time to time I'm met with reminders of holiday seasons of the past and I've included a couple of these reminders in the December Daily pages I have to share today.  When our daughters were younger, they loved American Girl dolls and the catalog would regularly appear in our mailbox, especially at this time of year.  For some reason, after quite a long absence a catalog showed up in our mail in the middle of November this year and we enjoyed reminiscing a little while marveling at some of the current offerings.


I already had two pre-made 3x4 cards that I just paired with a 4x6 to hold a photo of the catalog along with my journaling.  The only embellishing I did was to add a couple of strips of gold striped washi under the photo.


The reverse side also tells a similar story.  I'd been out shopping and saw some Disney-themed lip gloss that I know the girls would have loved when they were young.  I'd taken a photo and texted it to them at the time.  I again had two pre-made 3x4 cards so I just added that same polka dot washi and green chipboard stars to a 4x6 card, and then added the photo and journaling.

These pages came together in very little time; I think it actually took longer to print the photos than it did to make the rest of the spreads!


2 comments :

  1. I love how your telling Christmas stories in your album. Your pages are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu lucky thing! We don't have American Girl over here and the whole dress her up and tell the historical story thing really appeals to both me and my daughter. I'd love to see a whole catalogue. This is a lovely story to document.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs