Feed Your Craft - The Next Chapter


Today is release day for lots of fun new products from the Feed Your Craft shop and I'm sharing the projects I made with the mini-kit designed by Brandi Kincaid, "The Next Chapter".  This kit is bright and cheerful and fun and I'm loving the break from the traditional colors of all my December Daily pages.   The theme of the kit is all about fresh starts and new beginnings - perfect for the upcoming new year.

I've decided that I'll be working on Project Life again in 2017.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly how and what I'll be documenting that way but no matter what, I'll still need pocket cards, right?  So to kick off this project, I personalized the cards in the mini-kit so I'll have a ready-made stack just waiting for me.



I snipped and stamped and stitched, mixing and matching the stamps, cards and printables all included in the mini-kit. Here are some close-ups...


I used white ink to stamp some stars around the 4x6 card, punched and outlined some circles from another card, and added a label and star to a third card.
 

Here's a card with more labels and a little stitching, and another with some of the printables and a stamp.

  
I even used the little glassine bag and strip of washi that was the packaging for the flair.  

 
I cut up my favorite card (the books on the shelves) and combined it with the "stay curious" card.  I love adding my own touch to the cards!

I also made two 8.5x11 pages with the kit.  The first one features a grid design and was inspired by the "wherever you are, be all there" quote on the printable.  I've been feeling like my attention has really been divided lately and that there are lots of distractions that sometimes get in the way.  At the time I made this page, I was considering using "present" as my one little word for 2017 and my journaling reflects those thoughts.


I used a mix of the stamps, printables and pocket cards, some on dimensional adhesive, with a bit of stitching around the outside edge of the page.  I was trying to keep the page crisp and uncluttered to match my journaling.


My last page features the 4x6 card with a very timely quote from Neil Gaiman on it.  I thought its sentiments were a perfect way to kick off the new year.


I stitched a festive banner from circles I punched from the kit pieces and strung it across the top of the page.  I placed the card next and "attached" it with paper clips that I stamped and fussy cut from the stamp set.  After I wrote my journaling, I double-outlined the page edges and added some tissue paper confetti from my supplies.  I stamped my title using the Bold Alphabet Stamp that is also from Feed Your Craft.  I say it every time but it's true: this is my favorite alpha stamp!


This just seems like a party on a page to me!  

So I might be a little early, but Happy 2017 and I hope The Next Chapter turns out to be a great one for you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs