Layouts Lately


Now that I've settled into the new year, I finally found some time to work with the Ali Edwards Story Kit and Stamp from November.  It got pushed aside while I worked on my December Daily and enjoyed the fun of the holidays.  Also, it's theme of "surprise" was one that didn't really appeal to me initially.  I only had one layout idea in mind so I thought I'd make that one and then just divide up the rest of the kit into the container where I store all my story kit leftovers.

Here's that first page:


I am definitely not fond of surprises - I like surprising people but do not at all like being surprised myself.  But this particular surprise was very sweet and very memorable and now it's finally down on paper.


It's a very simple page with few embellishments because I wanted to focus on the photos and the story.  I combined the large acrylic "surprise" with two stamps and then just scattered a loose border of stars at both the top and bottom of the page.  The stars were leftovers from my December Daily supplies - sometimes it's easier to use things than to put them away, right?


While I was working on this page, I remembered another Christmas surprise and then made this next layout:


The photos aren't the greatest quality but they're good enough to show my daughter's joy at receiving her beloved stuffed Grinch.


Again, I kept the embellishments simple while using one of my favorite designs, the grid.  I used a 3x4 pocket card as one of the grid spots and placed several chipboard word/phrase pieces in a vertical line to fill up the empty space on the card.


My final page was prompted while I was scrolling through the camera roll on my iphone.  I've been trying to be better about organizing, editing and deleting photos this year to help me feel less overwhelmed when it's time to order prints (that will be a topic for an upcoming post).  I found some photos that I'd taken before Thanksgiving with the intention to make a specific page but just hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Here it is now:




Simple was definitely my theme for this month - photos, words and a few embellishments.  The stories are getting told though which is what counts most to me.  Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful! Honestly, there is always something lovely to see here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Susan, these are all wonderful. I love the little spots of heartfelt journalling and the not quite perfect photograph that seems more than perfect for storytelling! I suppose you have surprised yourself (see what I did there) by making so many layouts when you didn't expect to? x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs