Pocket Scrapbooking: Getting Prepared


As I mentioned in my last post, I'm going to be adding some pocket pages to my scrapbooking this year.  I started by gathering some supplies - since I've been participating in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, I've found it almost essential to make a kit of supplies before I do any kind of memory-keeping project.  It helps me so much to work from a limited selection of product - I don't waste time digging through supplies looking for just the right embellishment or patterned paper.

I did quite a bit of Black Friday scrapbook shopping and since most of my time since then was spent working on December Daily, I never had the chance to put away my purchases.  I just threw everything into one box and decided to tackle it after the holidays.  This actually worked to my benefit - when it came time to gather supplies for pocket scrapping, I just opened the box and pulled from there.

I put everything into an Antonius basket insert from IKEA, keeping similar items together.  This helps me keep everything contained and portable.  Here's a look at what I selected:




In addition to the items from my shopping spree, I also included some leftover pieces from my Ali Edwards Story Kits, two roller stamps (this one from Pink Paislee and this one from Amy Tangerine), and my favorite alpha stamp from Feed Your Craft.  Let's take a closer look at each of the compartments.


The left compartment holds photos and memorabilia, some letter stickers and word/phrase stickers that I picked up in the planner section at Michael's, and a couple of partially used word/phrase sticker sheets from my supplies.


In the front middle section, I stored the cards.  I've got 4x6 and 3x4 cards from Elle's Studio, Kelly Purkey, Feed Your Craft, and the Story Kits I mentioned above.  As I work on my pages I plan to winnow out the cards that I know I won't use.  This is another benefit to kit-making: it narrows my focus and helps me further refine my style.  Like many in this hobby, I've accumulated too much stuff.  To be honest, it sometimes makes me a little sick when I see all that I have so I hope to downsize quite a bit and will be donating or doing giveaways so that my excess can go to new homes where it will be put to good use.


The small section on the right contains some mini flair from Feed Your Craft and a die cut set from Elle's Studio.


The back right compartment has some rubber pennants from Ali Edwards and Studio Calico and a tab die from Elle's Studio.  I also added the small stars I had left from my December Daily kits and an acrylic "right now" phrase from Colorcast Design.


The last compartment holds a selection of stamps from Feed Your Craft, Elle's Studio and Studio Calico.

So that's my set up - now it's time to start filling those pockets! 

3 comments :

  1. Looking good. The antonious basket kooks like a great tool. I might have to grab one of those next time I'm in Ikea. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly do seem to have a lot of little cards! Even though I don't buy a lot, I seem to have accumulated a lot of stuff, so maybe I need to use more? I'll be focusing on using what I already have, so instead of buying stash, I'll be buying to help me organise when I move. Thanks for the Ikea inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh -- all that scrapbooky goodness makes my heart beat! Looking forward to seeing some of your pocket pages in 2017! Happy New Year, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs