Feed Your Craft - The View From Here Kit


The latest Feed Your Craft mini-kit, designed by Brandi Kincaid, was released today. It's called "The View From Here" and is available in the shop right here.

I used the kit to make two projects that I'd like to share with you today.  The first is a layout - I'd gotten the idea for this page topic at Christmas and when I saw the kit contents, I knew they were perfect to tell the story.


I used one of the pocket cards as a title, another as a photo mat and pieces of another at the top and bottom of the page.  The cameras on the stamp were perfect for some fussy-cut embellishments. For a final accent, I stamped two sentiments in the top and bottom clusters. I even got brave and cut one of the longer sentiments so that I could just use a portion of the phrase.


Back at the beginning of January, I decided that I wanted to do a year-long project, taking one photo each month at the same time on the same day.  I selected 10 am on the 10th of each month (something easy to remember) but didn't really have a plan for what I'd do with this series.  As soon as I saw this kit though, I knew exactly how I'd document this project.

Introducing my "The View From Here" travelers notebook!


I started by using a 1" circle punch to cut through the cover and all the pages of a travelers notebook that I picked up on clearance at Michael's last summer.  The kit comes with a digital component and I used it to enlarge and print one of the pocket cards which I then attached to the notebook cover along with a strip of black and white polka dot washi tape.


I next made a two-page spread to introduce the purpose of the book.


The kit also includes a printable with extra embellishments that coordinate with the kit.  The labels and circles shown here are from the printable.  The stamping on the label is (surprise!) from my favorite Feed Your Craft alpha stamp.

I then came up with a design that I'll be using every month and I stamped and cut all the pieces I'll need.  Since everything is already prepared, it won't take me much time to add my photo and journaling every month.  Here's the February spread:


(I completed January's pages as well but I'm not showing them here since the photo was taken at work and it contains a little confidential information.)   

This is such a fun and versatile kit! The last two Brandi/Feed Your Craft kit collaborations have sold out quickly so if you're interested in this one, head over to the shop and grab it before it's gone!

  

   

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful projects, Susan, and I'm excited to see your TN develop (haha) as the year goes on! Love the idea of punching the pages so the flair is always visible!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs