Finish It February - My 2016 Week in the Life

The Scrap Gals podcast recently aired an episode about unfinished projects and the follow-up discussion on their Facebook page evolved into the idea of "Finish it February" - taking time this month to complete projects that had been lingering incomplete.  Since I have plenty of those, I resolved to tackle my "Week in the Life" project before its first anniversary arrives (in May).

I had already done a good portion of the work - I'd taken the daily photos and written notes to go along with them, both saved in designated files on my computer.  I began by editing (minimally) the photos, deciding on sizes (I used a combination of 4x6 and 3x4), and adding digital word art to a few, and then submitting a somewhat large photo order to my local Walgreens. 

I've documented a WITL two other times, using a mix of 8.5x11 full and pocket pages on both occasions.  I decided to follow that same process with this year's version and just add these new pages to the album I'd already started.  Not having to come up with a completely new design scheme helped speed the process along. 

I planned to use Ali Edwards' Week in the Life kit for 2016 and a couple of her Day in the Life mini-kits, along with the various bits and pieces I have left over from her Story Kits. I had plenty of pages protectors for the full size pages and a supply of the baseball card size pocket pages as well.  Armed with my photos, notes and supplies, I plunged right in.

I'm happy to report that it's done! I'd like to share some of the pages with you now.

This is the intro page:


This particular WITL fell on a busy week for us - I began planting my flower gardens that week and my youngest daughter graduated from college during that time too which involved a long-weekend trip out of state.  So I had plenty of photos to fill my week and I ended up with lots of extras but I'll put them to use in either my Project Life or on layouts.  I want to make (or already have made) more detailed scrapbook pages about some of the activities so I tried to include just the photos that really spoke to me in this project.  I also didn't stress about adding lots of journaling throughout the spreads, much for the same reason.  If I have important things to say about a photo or group of photos, I'll do it on a scrapbook page.  My goal for this project was to show a representative week in my life with photos and limited journaling.

Each day began with a full 8.5x11 page on the left, included two sides of a 9x9 pocket baseball card protector, and ended with another full page on the right. Here's a peek at some of the spreads:




I added one smaller insert (two 4x6 pockets) for this day - I wanted to include more photos of my newly-planted garden.


Completing this project and looking back at the two other times I've done it really made me appreciate all the details and moments captured. It's definitely a worthwhile project to me and so I plan to join in again this year.  I also intend to document much sooner this time around.  I still have two incomplete 2016 day in the life projects (at least I did one of them!).  Since there's still a little more time left in February, perhaps I'll take some time to finish them as well.


2 comments :

  1. Your photos really are so lovely. What a treasure to look back on this album is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for getting your album finished, Susan, it looks awesome! Love the mix in page sizes and styles!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs