Counterfeit Kit March Reveal and Blog Hop



Happy March and welcome to my stop on the Counterfeit Kit March Reveal and Blog Hop!  I haven't put together a full counterfeit kit since November so I feel like I'm a bit out of practice.  Fortunately, this month's inspiration is so pretty that I found it very easy to get back in the swing of things.

You've probably already seen that we are working from the February 2017 Hip Kits.  Here's a look at the main kit, which is what I used for the basis of my kit:

Hip Kit February 2017 Main Kit

This kit, with its florals, butterflies and springtime colors, is just what I need to chase away the winter blues!  I knew I had several similar patterned papers in my supplies so I couldn't wait to get started making a kit of my own.

I'm not terribly creative when it comes to naming my kits; I often take the name right from an embellishment or paper name.  One of the phrase stickers provided just what I needed this time too, and so here is my March CKC kit, "Ray of Sunshine":


I'll admit that I went a little crazy with the embellishments on this one but let's start with the papers first.


Since I've been using white cardstock as the base of most my pages lately, I only selected 8 papers for the kit.  Starting at the top left, my selections were Crate Paper/Hello Love Collection/"Smitten"; Amy Tangerine/Better Together Collection/"Peanut Butter + Jelly"; Bo Bunny/Butterfly Kisses Collection/"Petals"; Studio Calico/Camellia/"Brushes"; Maggie Holmes/Bloom Collection/"Flutter"; Shimelle/Starshine Collection/"Artemis"; Autumn Leaves/Foof-a-la/"Savannah Parasol"; and Crate Paper/Hello Love Collection/"You and Me".  That floral from Studio Calico was my first pick - it formed the basis of my kit but to be honest, I'm not really sure how I'll use it.  I tend to shy away from photo-realistic papers but I'm willing to give it a try. 

I chose lots of pink and gold embellishments and have sequins, wood veneer, puffy stickers, clips, die-cuts, stamps, acrylic words and stickers from a variety of manufacturers.



So that's my take on the inspiration this month.  I am the final stop on the hop but in case you missed anyone, here is the complete list of all the stops:

I hope you'll put a kit together and join us this month. Please post a link to your kit and your projects on the CKC blog here -  we'd love to see it! 

15 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous kit! I could scrap with that! Can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The papers are beautiful and the embellishments are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious assortment. So fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful kit and much loved embellishments as well.Looking forward to seeing your layouts etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Best of luck particularly with that photo-realistic paper, I would find it a challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that you have foofala paper!!! Old papers are some of my favorites and I just can't bear to part with them 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous kit full of lovely supplies I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how Lisa-esque your kit reads with the warm pinks & golds! You have the most fab stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute kit and love all the bits and bobs that you added to the kit too :) Have fun creating this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I think I need to buy your kit! I simply adore it and would dive right in. That photo realistic paper is lovely - think about cutting it into pocket card sizes and simply use it in smaller chunks - the pretty flowers would still be visible but not so overwhelming. There are two sheets that I need to add to my shopping list and as for the embellishments? *sigh*!!!! Wonderful kit, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that your kit looks so much like the original, even with a slightly different color scheme. It's just beautiful. And I'm so jealous of those puffy stickers...so cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a kit in the store! I'd buy it just for the leaves! Absolutely gorgeous...love the add of the acrylic word and the gold square sequins and I can't wait to see if you use that gorgeous photo paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty, pretty, pretty. I recognize so many of these items, I could almost counterfeit your counterfeit. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully curated little collection of fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your kit is very true to the original but with old stash. I love it! I love your acrylic word addition and I loved seeing some stuff that I actually have in my own stash too!

    Scrolled through your blog quickly and saw you make lovely pages. I am sure that your kit this month will bring some beauties too.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs