Layouts Lately


I have a grab bag of layouts to share today - a couple from Felicity Jane kits, and a couple from Ali Edwards' Story Kits.  I'll begin with Felicity Jane...

I like making banners to add to pages and on this first layout I added a twist by using the banners vertically.  The Felicity Jane Sophie kit included some cute pennants, which sparked that banner idea:


I've been holding on to that quote at the top of my journaling since last summer - I saw it on a sign for a nursery and thought it perfectly expressed how I feel about my garden.  I printed photos of some of my flowers and punched them into circles using a circle punch.  I then sewed them together, mixing in tags, tickets and pennants from the kit.  I embellished with stamps and puffy shapes, then fussy-cut a few florals that I added around my journaling.


I am so ready to get back outside to dig in the dirt!

Speaking of getting outside, I've been trying to take my daily walks outside this winter (unless we're getting a blizzard!) and that's the subject of my next page, made with the Felicity Jane London kit.


I pulled the pink, gray and black pieces from the kit and paired them with a photo taken on one of our warm-weather February days.


I used three strips of washi tape to make a home for my photo mat.  I stamped my title and adhered a little ombre-ish (I think I'm making up words!) chipboard pennant banner underneath.


The kit's stamps were a nice match for my page subject so I added a few to the top of the page.

My next layout has no photos and was inspired by the Ali Edwards Numbers Story Kit.  I think it's important to capture little details, with or without photos, to have a record of things that were a part of our regular everyday life.  So I captured five things that were a part of my life last month:



I stamped the wide border on the left of the page using the numbers story stamp. 

The final page is about my daughters and their connection as sisters and I used Ali's Bond Story Kit to make it.


The embossed hearts were my favorite part of the kit and I couldn't resist using all of them, along with some photos, to make two banners on my page (see, I told you I've been making lots of banners lately).


I used the story stamps on the hearts and in a few other places on my page.  The title pairs some white letter stickers with an acrylic word.


So that's what I've been up to lately - how about you? 

2 comments :

  1. More than a grab bag, I'd say. More like a treasure chest! I love the vertical banner. I'm a huge fan of banners on pages and this is such a cute new twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added to my folder of fave Susan pages!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs