More Layouts Lately


I'm back today with a handful of layouts I made during the dreary and gray days of February - the perfect time to scrap in the coziness of home.

First up is a page I made with the non-Christmasy leftovers from my 2016 December Daily kit.  As I was packing up those supplies, I noticed that some of the cards and embellishments could be used for any time of the year.  I set them aside and decided I'd try to use them all on a page.  Here's a look at the pieces:


And here is how I used them:


The "Ten Things" card reminded me that it was time to make a layout about my current favorite things.  I enjoy putting together pages like this and try to make them several times a year.

Next up are two pages I made during "Layout a Day" in February, also known as "LOAD217".  Making a layout a day is a great way to sharpen your scrappy skills.  While I only made two pages this time around, I've completed the challenge in previous years.  The prompts have inspired me to make pages I probably wouldn't have thought about on my own.  The LOAD challenges are part of the Scrap Happy membership - you can find more information about it here.  The theme for LOAD217 was Greek mythology, and while I can't give more details about the specific prompts, here are the two pages I made:











I used my February CKC mini-kit to make both pages.
 
I'd like to get back to participating in the Whimsical Musings weekly challenges again. I made this page in response to their Challenge #243 - be inspired by watercolors.  


These floral rub-ons from the Dollar Spot at Target gave me a fun, ROYGBIV watercolor look without having to use paints or a brush.


If you're looking for some thought-provoking prompts to spark some scrapbook pages, I highly recommend that you visit the Whimsical Musings blog.  They have a great list of past prompts and I'm sure you'll find several ideas to jump-start your creativity.

And finally, my last page was in response to a very long, hectic and stressful week.  I used a stamp set and some pocket cards from Kelly Purkey's shop and a photo taken by one of my daughters. 



Well if you made it this far, thank you!  I'll be back in a couple days with a much shorter post about my March CKC challenge layout.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs