CKC March Kit


My post title is not a typo - I still have a few layouts to share with the CKC kit I put together for March.  You can see that kit here.

Usually by the time a new month rolls around, I am more than ready to move on to a new kit.  I started to go through my March kit leftovers, intending to put the usable items back into my regular supplies, and I realized that I still liked and wanted to work with the kit.  And so I did!

I had a large piece of butterfly paper left and used it as the base for this first page.  We were starting to see the first signs of spring around here and you know what that means - I'll be making lots of layouts featuring flowers.  So this is the first of many:


I used the Color Pop app on my photo to highlight just the yellow of the daffodils and I used the Letterglow app to add some word art from the March digital release from Ali Edwards.


I then printed one of the 4x6 cards in that release and used a circle punch on it to make my title.  I wrote my journaling on a white tag and tucked it behind the photo.


My second page was inspired by a fun prompt on the Whimsical Musings blog: be inspired by the International Day of Happiness.  Can you guess what makes me happy (other than scrapbooking, of course!)?  Yes, more flowers!  I'd been in Trader Joe's a few hours before I read the prompt and took a photo of their display of tulips, and that photo was just what I needed for my page.


I tilted the photo on an angle and added minimal embellishments to keep the attention on those lovely flowers. 


I'd like to get back into the habit of making "currently" pages which document the little details such as what I'm reading, eating, loving at the current time.  Here is the one I put together for April:


I raided my supply of wood veneer to add an embellishment to each category of journaling.


I arranged my photos in a loose garland across the top of the page and slipped some little pennants in along with them to add a bit more color.


Even after these three pages and the four pages I'd made earlier in the month (you can see them here and here), I still thought I could get a little more out of the kit.  I decided to make some cards to use in my Project Life.  Here's what I made:


It was fun sifting through my scraps and embellishments to add little details to the cards.


And now I feel ready to move on to April!  

1 comment :

  1. I love the idea of adding the wood veneer pieces. I need to get some of my collection out of their jar and on to my pages too :) And using up March? If you feel it, do it :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs