Happy May 1st and welcome to my stop on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge May Reveal and Blog Hop!
This month we are using the lovely Gossamer Blue March 2017 kit as our inspiration:
|Gossamer Blue March 2017|
The colors remind me of one of my favorite activities - visiting Newport and driving along scenic Ocean Drive - so I had no trouble coming up with a name for my kit. And I'll probably scrap about one of our Newport visits with this kit too.
Let's take a closer look at the papers first:
I started with papers with small patterns and then added the house paper for a whimsical touch, the word paper (to mirror the letter paper in the inspiration) and a yellow paper for a bright pop of color.
For embellishments, I selected a variety of puffy stickers (still loving these), some shaped clips, a set of chipboard pieces and some old American Crafts booklets with labels and assorted stickers.
I also included a variety of chipboard, sticker and vellum phrases and one alphabet stamp.
So that's my take on the inspiration this month. You'll want to visit Clair next and see the lovely kit she's sharing today. Here's a complete list for the hop in case you missed a stop along the way:
- CKC - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Guest Designer Christy Strickler - http://myscrapbookevolution.com
- Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
- Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
- Lynnette - http://sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com
- Susan - http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com (you're here!)
- Clair - http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.co.uk/