Counterfeit Kit May Reveal and Blog Hop


Happy May 1st and welcome to my stop on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge May Reveal and Blog Hop!

This month we are using the lovely Gossamer Blue March 2017 kit as our inspiration:

Gossamer Blue March 2017
The beautiful shades of blue, green and yellow in this kit are so appealing and it's packed with fun embellishments as well.  I kept those three main colors in mind as I assembled my own kit, "Ocean Drive".


The colors remind me of one of my favorite activities - visiting Newport and driving along scenic Ocean Drive - so I had no trouble coming up with a name for my kit.  And I'll probably scrap about one of our Newport visits with this kit too. 

Let's take a closer look at the papers first:


I started with papers with small patterns and then added the house paper for a whimsical touch, the word paper (to mirror the letter paper in the inspiration) and a yellow paper for a bright pop of color.

For embellishments, I selected a variety of puffy stickers (still loving these), some shaped clips, a set of chipboard pieces and some old American Crafts booklets with labels and assorted stickers.


I also included a variety of chipboard, sticker and vellum phrases and one alphabet stamp.



So that's my take on the inspiration this month.  You'll want to visit Clair next and see the lovely kit she's sharing today.  Here's a complete list for the hop in case you missed a stop along the way:

I hope you'll join us this month - you can share your kits and projects by linking up on the CKC blog here.  You can also share on Instagram - we're @counterfeitkitchallenge and you can use #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmay2017.  We have a Facebook community too and we'd love to see you sharing there as well - we're the Counterfeit Kit Community.

10 comments :

  1. I remember this kit well: it's one of my favourites because of the blue, yellow and green. Your version appeals every bit as much, especially with that house paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kit is gorgeous and reminds me of the ocean too.Your word alphas will be very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standing "O" for your spot-on faithful forgery! I always love your great stash of bits & bobs 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love all of the kits that you create, but this is definitely up there with my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely kit--very calming just like the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kit is fresh as an ocean breeze. Lovin' the puffy stickers. Especially the to-go cups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, love your kit! It looks so pretty and so well put together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your kit even more than the original! I love that you have so many cute little things to add in as embellies - I need to up my game!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs