Feed Your Craft / Make It Matter, Part 2


I'm back today with two more layouts using the "Make It Matter" kit designed by Brandi Kincaid for Feed Your Craft.  Unfortunately, the kit has sold out but the coordinating mini flair set is still available and there are plenty of other great products in the shop too (I love the stamps and flat packs!).

I was inspired to think a little beyond the obvious "maker" theme of the kit.  There are many ways we can make a difference to others by our actions and so I decided to make that idea the subject of my page.  


I scrolled through my camera phone and printed 30 (yes, 30!) mini square photos.  I arranged most of them on the left side of the page, and then filled in the rest of the layout with journaling, a title card and a few last photos.

I took a more literal interpretation of the kit with my second project.  When I was pregnant with both my daughters, I made them each a cross-stitched Christmas stocking - a great idea during the first pregnancy; a less-than-great idea during the second pregnancy when I was chasing around an 18-month old and suffering from morning sickness that lasted all day through the first half of the pregnancy.  That is another story for another time though.  Here's the stocking page:


The little row of cross-stitches on the stamp set made the perfect accent for the page.


It's almost time for another Brandi/Feed Your Craft collaboration.  The next kit is due for a June 15th release - I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it will be amazing as always.  Make sure to mark your calendar so you don't miss out on this one!

3 comments :

  1. Swoon! Seriously. I thought the first page was perfection, with all those cute mini photos, and then I scrolled down to the second..stitching and scrapbooking? Oh yes.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs