Forgeries on the Fourth


Hello! I have a quick little DIY to share with you today as part of "Forgeries on the Fourth" on the CKC blog.  

As you might know, we are using the  March 2017 Gossamer Blue kits as our inspiration this month.  The kit contains a set of foam phrase thickers in a script font:

Hello Joy Thickers, Little by Little Collection - Shimelle
I thought it would be fun to try and make my own version.  I used a manual die-cut machine, a script word die, white cardstock and a roller dot adhesive.



I ran the die through the machine eight separate times - if you have an electronic die-cut machine, you could just add multiple copies of your word or phrase to one sheet.  

Working on a sheet of scrap paper, I rolled adhesive over the first piece and then stacked another piece over the top.




It's hard to see in the photo but I didn't complete cover the word with adhesive - I just tried to get it on one or two spots on each letter.

I continued in the same manner until I had used all eight pieces.  I picked up the stacks after the addition of every piece and moved them to a different spot on my scrap paper.  I thought that the multiple layers of adhesive might make them permanently attach to the scrap paper.



The end result? A thick die-cut word that will add a nice dimension to a layout.  




Don't forget to check out the CKC blog for more ideas for making your own version scrapbooking items!

5 comments :

  1. Good job on the forgery. I have done this before, using a precision point glue pen to get dots of glue exactly where it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience pays off! The dimension adds a special little something extra to your word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Susan, I'll definitely have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs