Layouts Lately / "Eat" Story Kit


I've fallen a little behind (actually, more than a little) in sharing recent layouts - unfortunately blogging always seems to fall to the bottom of my "to do" list.  I post much more frequently on Instagram because it's quick and easy.  I think that seems to be a trend but I don't want to stop sharing here so I guess I'll have to resort to catch-up posts every now and then, like today.

I loved the Ali Edwards "Eat" Story Kit - it inspired a very long list of page ideas and although I've only made six layouts so far, I will be revisiting my list and the kit to make more pages.  Let's take a look at three of the layouts today.

This first page was based on a story that my husband has often told our girls; it's one of those "family legends" that everyone seems to have.  It's a pretty simple page: lots of journaling, one photo, and just a couple of embellishments.



My second layout also features a lot of journaling.  I have scrapped about this particular bread before, concentrating on how it's been handed down from generation to generation.  This time I wrote about why this bread is important to me and what memories it calls to my mind.




The last layout I have today documents the beginning of what I think will be a new family tradition - Christmas breakfast.



I used the story stamp to make a patterned paper background for the page.

Thanks for stopping by today - I'll be back soon with the rest of the pages I made with this kit.

1 comment :

  1. Even your writing is pretty :)

    I feel more and more drawn to the simplicity of instagram. If you asked my why I was still blogging, then, I'm not sure I could tell you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs