Out of the Scrap Box / Part Two


In my last post, I talked about making some layouts using pieces from my scrap box.  Today I have one more scrap box page to share.

The idea for the page came from Prompt #254 on the Whimsical Musings blog - be inspired by petals.  I immediately thought of the delicate lilac petals that had fallen from the blooms I picked earlier in the week, so I swept up a few and took a photo. 

I knew that I wanted the page to be airy and delicate, much like those petals.  I also knew that I would start with white cardstock and have very minimal journaling.  This page would be one that would be more about the photo than anything else; my love for lilacs has been well-documented already.  Sometimes I like making a layout just for the creative expression.

Armed with my photo to guide my selections, I turned to my scrap box and pulled out these pieces:


The first group has a small floral print, a tone-on-tone purple print, a white woodgrain cardstock, a vintage text print, and a pale pink paper with a light gray polka dot.


I also pulled a few specialty papers: vellum scraps in light pink, purple, pale white and a white polka dot, and another vellum scrap with gold hearts.

Here is the page I made using most, but not all, of the scraps:


I also included part of a white doily (the remnant went into the scrap box) and a label from an older Felicity Jane kit.


I stamped the title onto a scrap of white cardstock and then cut it out and adhered it to my page.  I wasn't brave enough to stamp right onto the layout - I used an old alpha set from the dollar bin at Michael's and since they are wood-mounted, I was sure that I wouldn't be able to keep them straight and wanted to give myself the opportunity to make multiple versions of each word.


I added some stitching for a finishing touch and then roughed up some of the edges.

I'm very happy with my completed layout and that I was able to get a little more use out of some of my favorite papers.  I'm going to leave my scrap box out on my scrap table as a reminder to take a look in it when I'm making pages.

1 comment :

  1. I know I commented on this layout before and I don't get over to your blog often enough so sorry for that! I simply adore this page. totally and utterly. Thanks so much for playing along at WM - so appreciate that and then with such wonderful pages. My scrap box is way too full so I should take your lead and make some pages. Do I have a WM prompt for scraps? Hmmm, need to check

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs