Day in the Life


Continuing with my "catch up on blogging" quest, today I'd like to share how I participated in Ali Edwards' Day in the Life project in June.  (If you aren't familiar with DITL, you can read about it on Ali's blog here.)

I wasn't planning to participate this time around but changed my mind the evening before.  I was hesitant because I wanted to find a focus for the documentation and hadn't come up with one so I thought I'd just skip it.  Then I noticed the roller stamp in Ali's DITL kit and found my focus: each hour, I would concentrate on one of the phrases on the stamp.  I set reminders on my phone and I was ready to go!

Stamp by Ali Edwards


On June 20th, I faithfully took an hourly photo that represented the word in my reminder.  I decided to document from 5am until 4pm, which gave me 12 hours to match the 12 words on the roller stamp.

And keeping up the momentum, I put the photos and words together in a little tag book.  I kept it simple - photos, words, and just a few embellishments.  I stamped the prompts and the time each photo was taken.  Here's a look at a few of the pages:





I plan to slip this little book into a pocket adhered to the inside cover of my current Project Life album.

There's another DITL coming up soon I think...now I just need to decide what I'll do for that one!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs