Feed Your Craft / Catch Your Breath


It's release day in the Feed Your Craft shop and I have a Creative Team project to share with you today.  The latest kit is called "Catch Your Breath" and is designed by Brandi Kincaid.  It has flowers and books and lovely quotes - the only thing that would make it better would be if it came with a little chocolate!!

I was captivated by the tiny floral border in the stamp set and knew that I wanted to work with it for my first page. I used it, along with the little daisy stamp, to make an embossed, fussy-cut frame for my photo.  I wanted to keep the frame delicate and light, so I used a white pearlized embossing powder over white cardstock.  



Here's a close-up of the frame:


I adhered it slightly off-center and and then framed the frame with one of the 4x6 cards in the kit - I cut it in two unequal pieces and turned them vertically.  I wanted to add just a little more color without taking away from the frame or the photo.

I then used a circle punch to cut out the quote on one of the 3x4 cards in the kit and that serves as my title.  I tucked the journaling on a tag that I slipped behind the photo.  I trimmed about 1/4 inch off all four sides of the page and then stitched it onto another piece of 8-1/2 x 11 piece of white cardstock.  My final touch was to rough up the edges of the inside piece of cardstock just to add one more detail to the page.

Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing three more projects that I made with this kit.  And you'll definitely be seeing that floral stamp in use again on one of them!  Thanks for stopping by - hope you head over to the shop to pick up the "Catch Your Breath" mini kit!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs