CKC September Challenge #2 - Lesson Learned


I'm sharing a project today for Challenge #2 on the CKC blogTaking our inspiration from the 'School House' Washi included in the Lost River Scrapbook Kit - and, of course - from the start of a new term, create a layout which documents a lesson learned. I chose to make a "life lessons" traveler's notebook for this challenge. 

I had a traveler's notebook that I'd picked up on clearance at Michael's last year and its small number of pages was ideal for what I had in mind.  It had enough room for a title and introduction, and 12 two-page spreads: one side of the spread would be a photo and the other would have the lesson.  I'd been thinking about making a layout on this topic and had a few notes written already so I just needed to refine my thoughts. I was going to keep this pretty simple and just write the lesson with no further elaboration since the lessons are all self-explanatory anyway.  And for the photos, I had plenty of nature shots that I could easily pair up with the lessons.

I began by covering the blank notebook with the navy and gold specialty paper from Shimelle's "Little by Little" collection that I included in my kit:

LINK
The paper is a nice, thicker weight that gives my notebook some stability.


And then I just played, using the contents of my kit to embellish the pages.






I cut and tore and punched and sewed. 





I distressed edges.  I added stickers and die-cuts.





I used an entire sheet of rub-ons to make a page background.


I printed my lessons, cut the text into strips and adhered them to each spread. 



This project was such a delight to create - I really had fun putting it together!  I hope you'll try this challenge, too.  Don't forget to share what you create on our link-up page, in our Facebook community or on Instagram.

2 comments :

  1. This is adorable. I like all the photos and words of wisdom you have used.Gorgeous sewing too. Might scraplift this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful! I love your photos, they have a rather timeless vintage vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs