Getaway Mini Album


This summer was definitely the "summer of the mini album" for me. I made several of them - the Christmas ornament mini and the vacation mini that I've already posted, and today I have another one to share.

This one is based on the Summer Bucket List Mini class taught by Stephanie Bryan for Big Picture Classes. I thought its petite size would be a perfect way to document a little getaway that my husband and I took in early July.

I started by selecting photos that I thought best represented what we did while we were away. Before printing the photos, I added a digital stamp to each one (my sources were Ali Edwards and Kellie Stamps). 


I also gathered a few pieces of memorabilia that I collected on our trip so I could include them in the book.


Since Big Picture Classes is a membership site, I can't give too many details about how I made the album. It's an accordion book consisting of pocket pages - you can construct it in dimensions and with the number of pages that best suit your project.


To keep things easy for myself, I grabbed my Felicity Jane leftovers. The products coordinate very well and offered me a good selection of embellishments too.  I didn't want a bulky album so I focused on using labels, tags, tabs, die-cuts, washi and stamps.

Here's a look at the completed pages:




I used 3x4 pocket cards to hold my stories and just added them to the pockets along with the photos.





My final page is a glassine bag that was packaging from a scrappy purchase.  I tucked memorabilia and some extra photos inside.


This was a fun project that really didn't take much time to put together.  It was a nice alternative to regular layouts - sometimes a change to the way I document memories rejuvenates my creativity.


How do you feel about mini albums? Are they a regular part of your memory-keeping projects?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs