Layouts Lately - Color Challenge


Two people that I follow on Instagram, Jamie Leija (@jamie_makes) and Tracey Fox (@scrappylikeafox) collaborated on a fun color series on that social media this summer and I played along with two of the challenges. 

The first challenge I completed was the black + white + one color challenge.  


I selected the green color on the frozen yogurt packaging as the shade to combine with black and white.  Everything on this page came from various Felicity Jane kits.  The kits always include plenty of black and white papers and embellishments and I was easily able to find the green color among my FJ kit leftovers as well.

The second challenge I completed was the rainbow challenge.  I LOVE making these types of pages - how can you not be happy looking at a page with every color of the rainbow on it?! 

I started with a stamp set from Kellie Stamps that included a paint brush swatch.  That particular stamp is no longer available but you can easily replicate the look by actually painting a swatch in several colors directly on your page.



I then stamped my page title in black, overlapping the paint swatches and then stamped a few phrases and hearts under that.  I made two collage photos that I took at one of the places we visited on our vacation and placed them under my journaling - they were certainly perfect for this rainbow theme!


I love participating in challenges like this - they jump-start my creativity, spark some new ideas and give me a different starting point for my pages.  How about you - have you participated in any challenges lately?

2 comments :

  1. Love the color stamps/brush strokes! Awesome technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I have a stamp like that brush stroke but have been stumped on hov to use it. Love the collages.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs